Photobucket

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

jumping on the bandwagon...




Blueberry spinach oatmeal bars? Broccoli chicken nuggets? Chocolate-Beet Cake? Hmmm...

I've heard of hiding veggies in kids' favorite foods before but have never had a guidebook for doing it effectively. Well, here it is... Deceptively Delicious.

I actually found a few minutes to watch Oprah yesterday (haven't forever) and she spotlighted this cookbook. I'm sure I won't be the only one blogging about it today or picking it up at Target but hey... I'll let you know how it goes for us. Anything to get my kids to stop crying and complaining at mealtime. Please, let it work!

5 comments:

Kage said...

If it weren't for the (expletive) pureeing, I might be on board. I just don't have the energy though, especially when my kids eat the non-hidden greens....but really brilliant....really.

Leslie said...

i watched that oprah today. i'm not so sure about the brownies . . . i have a really sensitive nose and i bet i could taste broccoli instantly.
i'm waiting for your review . . . :)

LaughAtMe-Laurel said...

Golly, I was dying to see that Oprah, but I ended up sleeping through it (it's not every day that The Snack will actually nap, so I took advantage of it!) So, is this for real, is the food actually good? Let me know, ok. I guess I might have to start actually cooking & baking if this is the real deal!

Jake said...

I would love you to try them and pass on the best recipes...

laina kay said...

ack! no luck at target the other day when I went to get the book. i haven't had a chance to check anywhere else. maybe tomorrow or saturday!

kage-yeah the pureeing seems like a pain but she said she does it all at once and bags it up. i wonder if you could freeze it, too. my kids are each pretty good about specific veggies but i can't seem to please all three at one sitting without making a smorgasbord of veggies. and the three year old changes which ones she likes from one day to the next! hoping this will simplify things!

leslie-i'll let you know! broccoli does seem like a difficult veggie to hide... it's so smelly!

laurel-wish you were here 'cuz i tivo'd it and i'd love to watch it again with you! hope the nap was good... gotta get those when you can! i hope it's the real deal. if it is we'll have pureeing parties when you move back!

gab-definitely!