Photobucket

Friday, August 1, 2008

tonight... tonight...

I've been looking forward to this for so long. It surprises me how excited I am to know what happens next. It's the highlight of my summer, really. That's pretty sad, huh? Busy summer, but very ho-hum. No fabulous vacations, no sparkling get-togethers... anyhoo, this is my big thing. Pathetic, yes... but I'll take what I can get.

We're taking the kids to a baseball game tonight and then after the fireworks I'll be meeting a friend at Barnes & Noble for the midnight party. We'll see if we really have to stay that long but I'm planning to read all day tomorrow and would like to get as early a start as possible. The Husband offered to watch the kids all weekend, I think he prefers I get it over with in one fell swoop rather than sneak off to read whenever I get a chance! A nice little break for me, especially since he's been away all week for work. He'd actually offered to get a hotel for my sister and me to spend uninterrupted time reading but alas, she's just not as excited as I am. I'm not into staying at a hotel by myself so I'll just kick around, who knows where, all day tomorrow. Any suggestions?

Anyone else having a Breaking Dawn weekend? C'mon 'fess up...

3 comments:

East Meets West said...

Okay, enough people have been reading these that a few weeks ago I picked up "Twilight." I've read the second one too and am waiting for the third. I'm not as impatient as you sound, but I wasn't looking forward to reading a story about a vampire. Not really my thing; but they've been better than I expected. So when you finish this one, don't let the ending out of the bag in your blog that way it's still a surprise for those of us who are a little slow on trends!

Alissa Nicolau said...

I wanted to get the book. Not possible for me to stand in line till midnight - party or no party. I thought I'd just pick it up on Saturday. Nope. I've got the Sinus. I feel lousy. And achy. Don't have the book. Couldn't read for long even if I did have the book cause I'm so sleepy. Don't tell what happens for a few more days please! Hope you had a happy time reading and it lives up to your hopes for Bella.

Jennifer said...

Oh girl I am so jealous! My sis-in-law got me into this series this past week and I have read the first 3 books this past week...I so want to read this last one! I have to find one first though. LOL