Photobucket

Friday, September 21, 2007

beaded...

I made this necklace this morning. Yahoo! Finally posting something that I've made. I do have other things I've made in the past few months. I'll get around to posting them someday. I just hate taking photos of my stuff. Obviously, I'm not a photographer and I don't have the equipment to get things to look the way I want. I should experiment more with what I can do, but... time... time... time.


















Anyway, I was in a cranky mood last night and left The Husband to put the munchkins to bed while I ran some errands. Those errands, of course, eventually led to the craft store. I couldn't resist the beads last night. I've been wanting a wood necklace to accompany all the brown that I will be wearing this fall, so the wood beads beckoned. Had to get the little green ceramic beads, too. They looked so yummy with the dark wood.

It felt good to make something so quickly. I've never beaded anything like this before. Just little bracelets for the girls. The whole thing cost less than $10. to make. I already had the tools and wire. I'm pretty pleased since it took about a half an hour to make from start to finish. Not bad for an amateur. Simple, but satisfying.

I couldn't resist looking at Etsy this morning while I strung the beads. Always so inspiring. I hesitate to show you these beauties but, as usual, I'm so impressed with the loveliness and the prices. Someday I'd like to learn some of these techniques! Enjoy...

This one is called the End of Summer Necklace... so versatile and I love that it's asymmetrical.























Here's the Teardrop Turquoise Pendant Necklace. Love, love, love that gorgeous hunk of turquoise!


























Check out this Big and Bold Necklace. The contrast of the wood and glass is delicious, don't you agree?!
























This Turquoise and Wood Necklace sports another magnificent hunk of turquoise!
























I adore this Iceland Moss Necklace! It reminds me of my favorite bit of Joy in my life. I really would love to learn this technique!


















Hmmm... I guess I have a thing for hunks of turquoise, because here's another one in the Turquoise, Wood and Bali Silver Necklace. Bold... love it!

























How fun... creating your own stuff or indulging in other's lovely creativity!

5 comments:

Jake said...

very pretty! good for you...i would love to make myself something like that!

merathon said...

i love the big and bold necklace as well. okay, i am a lurker (i can't remember how i connected to your blog months ago) but did you post a while back about a website that sells really cute aprons? i can't seem to find that post if you did. . .

laina kay said...

gab - thanks! it was fun and i drool every time i walk down the bead aisle so it was nice to translate some of that pretty into something i wanted anyway. did that make any sense?

merathon - thanks for delurking. thanks for lurking, too!

i think that big and bold is my favorite, as well!

i haven't posted about aprons. they're lovely, though. i wish i could help you but i've read so many great posts lately about aprons that i'm not sure where to send you. you can do a google blog search. enter a descriptive word that you remember from the post and maybe you'll find the one! good luck!

laina kay said...

merathon - your apron question triggered a memory of a neat apron site. i don't know if this is the one you're looking for but it's a yummy one. Olive Juice and Company

Also, this company has some beauties!

Shaka said...

love the necklace you made! i want one! i'm just no good at wearing jewlery!