Photobucket

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

s t i i i i l l l l reading...

I finished reading Good Grief a couple days ago. I loved this book! The emotions are so true to life that I could feel them in my own body as I read. I found myself identifying with Sophie even though I've never been in a situation remotely like hers. Ultimately the book is a delicious illustration of how charity and being needed by others triumphs over grief. Selfishness never is happiness even when it seems most deserved. Very inspiring...

I am now reading Shoot the Moon. I read Where the Heart Is years ago but have never heard anything about this book. The first eleven chapters were devoured on the first night (despite The Husband's admonishment to turn off the light and go to sleep)! Very interesting so far...

No comments: