Photobucket

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

berkshire dreaming...
















Anyone got $2 million to spare? This is what I'd spend mine on if I had it! This beautiful old house is located on Main Street in Stockbridge, MA. It is situated between a beautiful old library and a classic brick elementary school. The topper is that it is only a block away from The Red Lion Inn, I think I've mentioned that I like that place...

I can just see myself living there. Riding my bike around town, sending the kids off to school next door, spending afternoons in the neighboring library, sitting on the porch at The Red Lion whenever I want, enjoying the view of the lovely bed and breakfast across the street, relaxing on the stone patio... ahh dreams. The only drawback is that the house has been commercialized over the last few years, it was the home of the Norman Rockwell museum for a time. I'd probably have to add a few hundred thousand dollars for converting it back to a residence. It would be worth it though, that is, if I actually had any of these millions to spend...

You can see more about the house here. It still doesn't do it justice... just such a lovely feeling about the area.

No comments: