Photobucket

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

stopping to smell the roses...





















There is an incredible public rose garden in our area. I hadn't visited it for years... probably since college. I'd wanted to take the children there for as long as I can remember but every year I seemed to forget until rose season was over. Then one Sunday in mid-June it suddenly came to me... it's prime rose season! Random, I know. We were at church and I immediately told The Husband that we were going to take a detour on the way home that afternoon. My parents attend church with us so we invited them to tag along.

It was a lovely afternoon and I had the camera in the car so I got a few photos. The Boy was not game for having his picture taken and Cha-Cha initially refused to be photographed but I still got a few...





















Cha-Cha "no pictures, mommmmm!"






















Princess trying the door at the conservatory.






















The Boy peeking through a break in a hedge of rosebushes.






















Cha-Cha catches a ride with Grampa on the forest path.






















Princess poses with the roses.






















Cha-Cha is the Queen.






















Princess loves purple.

4 comments:

Shaka said...

pretty pictures! where is the rose garden? the conservatory is so pretty!

Alissa Nicolau said...

Very, very pretty.

LaughAtMe-Laurel said...

Ohhhh! I'm so jealous! I love Elizabeth park! I can't believe you hadn't been for so long.

Last time we were there Bryce was checking out these cool, strange looking shiney red "flowers" that looked strangely like red chili peppers...well...that's exactly what they were - he found out the hard way!

Vi said...

beautiful pics- I love that place!