Photobucket

Friday, June 27, 2008

we all scream for ice cream...






















Ice cream. What's not to love? Cold, sweet, creamy goodness. It could be my complete downfall as somehow I've convinced myself that ice cream has no calories if eaten after the children are in bed. Happiness.

I've come across some delightfully mouthwatering recipes for homemade ice cream lately and had to share. Just seeing the photos and reading the ingredients makes me drool. I have yet to test any of them as I have never made ice cream (unless you count the peppermint soup debacle in college) and don't have an ice cream maker. I am seriously tempted to purchase one and make ice cream to my heart's content or just post the recipes for the benefit of those who do make ice cream so they may serve every flavor the next time they have a visitor. *hint*hint*


First up is Heather Bailey's Strawberry Pretzel Ice Cream. Gorgeous. Salty and sweet with cream cheese and strawberries, it must be divine. She's made an adorable set of recipe cards for printing, too (tips for printing are included in her post).













Then, I don't know where to begin with Lindsey's huge assortment of drool-worthy recipes. Seriously. Can't decide. Rich Lemon Ice Cream, Dulce de Leche, Raspberry Cheescake (no seeds please), Almond Cheesecake, Key Lime Pie Ice Cream or really ANYTHING in her index of Ice Cream, Frozen Yogurt and Sorbets. She even has some helpful tips for choosing an ice cream maker of your very own.












And, of course, one of my favorite ways to eat icy treats is in a float. How yummy and unusual does Martha's Rhubarb Float with Buttermilk Sorbet look?! The buttermilk sorbet looks pretty simple and seems like it would be a friendly companion to lots of desserts.








Do you have a favorite homemade ice cream recipe that my sister er I should try?

top image via microsoft

2 comments:

Shaka said...

they all look tasty! we have been making ice cream about once a week lately. we have the cuisinart ice cream maker and have been really happy with it. i too love icecream. i can turn down most any treat but not ice cream! and somehow it does taste better when the kids are in bed.

Mumsy said...

You are so kind!

Um, yeah...I think I need to make the strawberry pretzel ice cream. YUMMY!!!

Get the ice cream maker and don't look back--or at the scale. :) ha, ha