Photobucket

Friday, February 15, 2008

kids' valentines...





















Each year the kids and I try to get creative with their Valentines (see last year's, here, here, and here). These are what we made to hand out this year. Fun and easy, that's the way we like it!

We took plastic bookmark clips like these (sorry, the animal ones we used aren't available anymore) and hot glued them onto coordinating cardstock. We layered two pieces of cardstock for fun contrast. I typed up corny little sentiments to match the clip and the kids signed them. A little more glue and then we slid each Valentine into a skinny, little bag and tied 'em up with brightly colored curling ribbon. Add a handwritten label with the recipients name to the back and voila! Easy, peasy and the kids loved them.

You could use any little whatnot, how cute would these be, on black and red with a fun pirate saying... aargh! We have so much fun finding little doodads to make into Valentines. I'm thinking these for next year, clipped to a red heart. Now for a corny sentiment to go with it, hmmm...

4 comments:

Mumsy said...

So cute! I love all of the past ones, too. Very creative and fun!

LaughAtMe-Laurel said...

Hmmm...maybe I should hire you to do my valentines next time! We just did the kind you get at the store. Perforated for easy separation...just sign and go! Yes...my perforation-separation skills are quite spectacular...if you ever need some tips just let me know! :)

allison said...

These are adorable. I loved looking at the past ones, too. You are so creative!

Jennifer said...

These are awesome! You come up with such great ideas...I'm saving your ideas in my idea file for next year, just in case I need some inspiration. ;)