Photobucket

Friday, August 17, 2007

next...

I finished Prodigal Summer yesterday. I finally got into it and really enjoyed it. It was fun getting to know the characters. There is a very definite agenda... let nature rule, it is pushed through in every story line. I did find myself thinking, "Okay, got it already, move on" at times but the story is beautifully written and I found myself wanting to follow the characters' journeys beyond the end of the book.

Okay, next... I picked up Twilight tonight unexpectedly. I thought I'd take a look at it on my way through Barnes and Noble. I keep hearing about it but I just have trouble believing it will be something I'll enjoy. It's definitely not my typical genre. I've heard good things but then I read this on the back of the book...An Amazon "Best Book of the Decade...So Far" and decided I'd better pick it up! Hmmm... can't miss out on something like that. I'll let you know!


2 comments:

Leslie said...

i just read twilight for the same reason. i figured it had to be worth reading if everyone i knew loved it.

i was thinking about posting something about it, but i didn't want to offend my friends. i didn't love it. let me know what you think.

it ain't no barbara kingsolver, that's fo sho. :)

laina kay said...

leslie - i agree with your last comment. i loved it though. i went into it knowing that it was a young adult novel and expected it to be pretty light reading. it was, but i found it very entertaining. no epiphanies... just an exciting ride!